ABOUT JAKO FREIGHT & LOGISTICS (PTY) LTD
Revolutionizing logistics today
Jako Freight & Logistics (Pty) Ltd is a dynamic transport brokering company that was established in 2006 to offer its clients an end-to-end cross-border transport solution that not only offers transport, logistics and customs clearing but is also the carrier assisted haulier contractor for Safmarine-Maersk from Durban to Swaziland.
Jako Freight & Logistics has a combined experience of over 35 years in transport and logistics, over 17 years’ experience in customs clearing and over 20 years in business, finances and accounting.
Jako Freight & Logistics offers a complete supply chain solution for all our clients with the most efficient delivery times from the Durban port to our clients with constant updates on your cargo.
In addition, Jako Freight & Logistics is also supporting clients with customs clearing solutions in Swaziland and Durban, South Africa and is able to assist with the following:
– Electronic Data Interchange (EDI), the electronic transfer of data and required reporting from customs users (such as clearing agents or carriers) to customs.
– The UNCTAD Automated System for Customs Data (ASYCUDA) is an integrated customs management system for international trade and transport operations in a modern automated environment.
– Processing of Removal in Bond (RIB) documents and have a Bond Store and an in-transit Bond.
– Handling of border documents and road manifests
Jako Freight & Logistics is built on long term business relationships with a number of trusted transport providers as well as large and small scale producers and manufacturers across Southern Africa. Commodities that are transported include containerized cargo, hazardous cargo, non-hazardous cargo and all break bulk cargo, using super links, tri-axles, tautliners and hazchem registered vehicles. All vehicles are equipped with satellite tracking and we remain in constant communication with all drivers via cell phone.
Jako Freight & Logistics is also a carrier assisted haulier contractor for the Safmarine-Maersk from Durban to Swaziland. This benefits our clients by increased efficiency in the logistics with shorter transit times via Safmarine-Maersk Lines as well as shorter import times from rail.
The Jako Freight & Logistics office is suitably located in Piet Retief just across border from the Swaziland Mahamba border post. From these offices all coordination activities between the clients in Swaziland, Durban and our client’s logistics divisions are facilitated. Jako Freight & Logistics also has representatives at all mayor borders crossing into Swaziland:
• Golela / Lavumisa
- Over 60 satisfied clients
- Over 12 trusted transport provider companies
- Access to over 50 truck trailer combinations
- Move an average 200 containers per year
- Move over 30 import units and 12 export units per month
- Services South Africa, Swaziland, Namibia and Lesotho.
Director: Jakes du Plessis
+27 (0) 84 657 5539
Accounts: Thea Swanepoel
+27 (0) 17 826 4599
Alfa Building no 10
Retief Street 11B
Piet Retief, 2380
Director: Robert Pretorius
+27 (0) 82 882 8895
R 500 000 – Non Specified Vehicles
All Risk Cover
P.O. Box 2280